1. Doodle. Zentangles can be a fun and relaxing way to keep those creative muscles active, while still allowing yourself a vacation from your usual work routine. Doodling is also a great on-the-go activity for those long plane or car rides!
2. Hunt for Inspiration! Inspiration abounds EVERYWHERE! Stay attuned to the art and events around you--maybe you'll come across an idea for your newest work!
3. Drawing Games If you are part of a game-playing family (as I am), you might play games that include an art-making component (such as Cranium, Pictionary, Scrutineyes).
4. Thinking Putty I recently came across "Crazy Aaron's Thinking Putty," which is a great way to keep your hands and creative mind busy while traveling!
6. Paint on-the-go! Sakura makes a fantastic travel-size watercolor set with a self-watering paintbrush. I love using mine as a way to continue my painting practice while on vacation!