With the holidays around the corner, how can artists maintain their artmaking momentum, while at the same time traveling and spending time with family? Here are some of my go-to art-on-the-go tips!:
1. Doodle. Zentangles can be a fun and relaxing way to keep those creative muscles active, while still allowing yourself a vacation from your usual work routine. Doodling is also a great on-the-go activity for those long plane or car rides!
2. Hunt for Inspiration! Inspiration abounds EVERYWHERE! Stay attuned to the art and events around you--maybe you'll come across an idea for your newest work!
3. Drawing Games If you are part of a game-playing family (as I am), you might play games that include an art-making component (such as Cranium, Pictionary, Scrutineyes).
4. Thinking Putty I recently came across "Crazy Aaron's Thinking Putty," which is a great way to keep your hands and creative mind busy while traveling!
5. Read a good book. Whether or not they are about art, books can provide great inspiration for new people, places, or things to create art about!
6. Paint on-the-go! Sakura makes a fantastic travel-size watercolor set with a self-watering paintbrush. I love using mine as a way to continue my painting practice while on vacation!
Welcome to the whimsical world of Tara Pappas' mixed media art! Thank you for stopping by to view samples of my work and read a little about my adventures as an artist. I am always looking for new ways to connect and grow as an artist, so would love to hear from you if you have any questions or interests in a particular piece. I hope that my work brings you inspiration and joy!
©2024 TARA PAPPAS ALL RIGHTS RESERVED